Nursing is among the most in-demand jobs in Canada due to a labour shortage. According to Research there is no age limit to get a nursing job in Canada, There are active practicing nurses in their 60s and one or two in their 70s, isn`t that wonderful. If you are looking forward on how how to work in Canada as a nurse or you can get a nursing job in canada then this article is specially made for you. You can get the nursing job in Canada through the NNAS Platform.
The NNAS is the National Nursing Assessment Service for Canada and the US, and this is the first step to getting your license: register with this online service. You can do this prior to arriving in Canada if you wish. Registration with the NNAS involves completing an online form providing your demographics, education, professional experience for the past five years, and declaring every nursing body you are currently or have previously been registered with. The NNAS has a helpful step-by-step applicant handbook to guide you through the process.
You will need to apply to the NNAS if you were educated abroad and are seeking nursing jobs in Canada (outside of Quebec and the Territories), in one of the below roles:
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN)
Read Also; How to Study and Work in Canada
The Roles Of NNAS
The role of NNAS is to:
- Receive and store documents that IENs submit
- Verify that documents are real
- Ensure credentials meet Canadian standards
- Confirm that they have all application documents
- Send an Advisory Report to the provincial nursing regulatory bodies.
The NNAS Application Processess
- Create your online account to start your application.
- Submit two forms of identification (passport, driver’s licence, government-issued id) directly to NNAS. Your ID must be copies of original documents and you must:
- Sign and date all copies
- Have a notary stamp your ID to confirm that they have seen the original documents
- Provide documents that have been translated by a certified translator in either English or French.
3. Submit your Nursing Education Form for each post-secondary school you attended outside of Canada. Each school must complete the form and send it directly to NNAS.
4. Submit your Nursing Registration Form
The licensing authority must send the form directly to NNAS.
5. Submit your Nursing Practice/Employment Form.
6. Submit your Language Testing Results.
See Also; How to Work as a Hair Stylist in Dubai
Immigration Programs for Internationally Qualified Nurses
Below are the immigration programs for the internationally qualified nurses;
- Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
- Quebec regular Skilled Worker Program (RSWP)
Types of Nursing Licenses in Canada
There are many types of nursing Licenses in canada based on the level of education and skill required and job responsibilities;
- Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Registered Nurse (RN) and Registered psychiatric nurse
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) also known as Registered Practical Nurse
How to Get License as a Foreign Trained Nurse in Canada
- Registration with NNAS
- Create an online Account
- Pay the required fees
- Start your Application
- Provide your Identoty documents
- Submit your nursing education form
- Submit your nursing employment form
- Submit your language test results
Recommended; How to Get Admission Without JAMB
How to find Nursing Jobs in Canada
- Familiarize yourself with local job market requirement
- Gather Additional qualifications and skills
- Craft a Canadian style Nursing Resume
- Explore job search platforms and employer websites
- Finally, Build Your Professional network