You may be able to work in Canada while studying if your study permits include a condition that says you can work on or off campus, You can only start working in Canada when you start your study program. Working in Canada can go a long way towards helping you establish business contacts for the future and can even help you immigrate after graduation. To work in canada after graduation, you need a work permit, in getting a work permit to stay in canada longer, your canadian studies may give you an edge. Canada is now among one of the world’s leading destinations for international students with over 600,000 students from all over the world, Canada is affordable compared to other popular international student destinations.
Jobs opportunities for International Students in Canada
There are two job opportunities for international students in canada which are; On-Campus Jobs and Off-Campus Jobs.
On-Campus Jobs; As an international student, you are able to work on campus without a work permit while completing your studies if:
- You have a valid Study Pemit.
- You are a full-time student at a post-secondary public school (college or university, or CEGEP in Quebec), or at a private college-level school in Quebec that operates under the same rules as public schools and is at least 50% funded by government grants, or at a Canadian private school that can legally award degrees under provincial law.
- You have a Social Insurance Number.
Off-Campus Jobs; As an international student, you are able to work off-campus without a work permit while completing your studies if:
- You have a valid Study Pemit.
- You are a full-time student in a designated learning institution (a post-secondary program, or in Quebec at a vocational program at the secondary level as well);
- Your study program is academic, vocational or professional, it lasts at least six months and leads to a degree, diploma or certificate.
- You are only working up to maximum 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions, and full time during scheduled breaks (for example, winter and summer holidays or spring break).
What are The Benefits of Studying in Canada
Canada is now among one of the world’s leading destinations for international students with over 600,000 students from all over the world. It has been discovered that international students are attracted to Canada for the following reasons:
- The High quality of education offered by the Canadian schools
- Canada offers international students with opportunities to work during and after their studies, and transition to permanent residence
- Opportunities to study in English and/or French
- Safety and security
- Multicultural society
- Canada welcomes immigrants and international students from nearly 200 different countries each year
- Canada is affordable compared to other popular international student destinations.
Read Also; How to Work as a Hair Stylist in Dubai
The Application Process for A canadian Study Permit
The following are the processes to consider while applying for canadian study permit;
- Check your Eligibility; To check for your eligibility you have to submit the following;
- An Acceptance Letter from a DLI
- A Proof of financial Support
- Supporting Documents (Varies depending on your countries of citizenship and residence)
2. Prepare your Application
3. Submit your study Permit Application i.e you have to submit an electronic application and A paper-based application
4. Finally, if your study permit is approved, then come to canada
The Conditions of Canadian Study Permit
- You must be enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI)
- You must be enrolled as a part time student or a full time student if studying in Quebec
- You must not take any authorized leaves longer than 150 days from your program of study.
How to Get Canada Work Permit
A Canadian work permit is the permission to take a job within Canada if you are from a foreign country, The folowing are the requirements for the Canada work permit;
You should be able to use a PC .You will need access to the internet and a printer.
You must be able to speak English both at the intermediate or Advanced levels.
You need to have training, education and work experience.
Also you haveto be able to use productivity software like Microsoft office and adobe PDF reader to create your resume.Recommended; New list of Courses Offered at NOUN