The Technical University, Ibadan (Tech-U) is a state government-owned and operated Nigerian university. The University has a total of 15 academic programmes approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC). Some of these programmes include Mechatronics Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Food Science and Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Physics with Electronics, Petroleum Engineering, Industrial Chemistry and Statistics.
Technical University, Ibadan has been officially accredited and recognized by the National Universities Commission (NUC), Nigeria. However, The School is well-secured, fully functional, and also has a student-friendly hostel to give students memorable learning experience.The university has three (3) faculties offered there which are faculty of natural science, faculty of engineering, and faculty of environmental sciences. The University is a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics), and also a focused institution with a range of NUC approved academic programmes.
Read Also; List of Courses Offered At NOUN
The Courses Offered At TECH-U
These are some the Courses Offered at TECH-U, they are listed below:
- AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING
- BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING
- BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
- CHEMICAL ENGINEERING:
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- COMPUTER ENGINEERING
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- CYBER SECURITY SCIENCE
- ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
- ESTATE MANAGEMENT
- FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- FORENSIC SCIENCE:
- INDUSTRIAL AND PRODUCTION ENGINEERING
- INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- MECHATRONICS ENGINEERING
- PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
- PHYSICS WITH ELECTRONICS
- QUANTITY SURVEYING
- SCIENCE LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY
- SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
- SURVEYING AND GEO-INFORMATICS
- URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING
See Also; IMSU Admission Requirements
Tech-U Admission Requirements
The following are the general entry requirements approved for admission into the TECH-U institution;
- Candidates who chose Oyo State Technical University Ibadan as their preferred choice of institution during the Post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Direct Entry (DE) Registration.
- UTME Candidate must have a minimum JAMB and/or the institutional cut-off marks or higher for the programmes applied.
- Candidates are also required to obtain the required O’level credits for their programmes as specified in JAMB BROCHURE.
- Candidate must be at least be aged 16 and above.
- Interested Candidates who did not choose Oyo State Technical University, Ibadan during the UTME/DE Registration but wish to study in the University, should change to the tech-u via JAMB Website.