EducationGuideInternet & TelecomJAMB

How To Accept Transfer Approval On JAMB Caps [Change Of Institution] In Nigeria

How Can I Change Of Institution After Accepting Admission


But in reality, most candidates are unaware of this new feature, and those who are aware are curious to learn how to use JAMB CAPS to check transfer approval. Because they were unaware of JAMB CAPS transfer approval, the majority of candidates missed out or have not yet been admitted.  I have made the decision to outline the procedures for to use of this new feature on the JAMB portal.

Read More: New Method On How To A Check JAMB Admission Status With Registration Number Online

The transfer approval portal is a new update by JAMB to allow candidates to be offered admission into different courses/institutions aside from their preferred choice of course or institution.

Do you want to know how to use the Jamb Caps Portal to accept or reject a course transfer offer? If so, you are on the appropriate page. This article will give you step-by-step instructions on how to use the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) CAPS to successfully accept or reject a transfer approval of a program or course.

jamb transfer approvalThe Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Transfer Approval admission is a procedure that enables JAMB to switch candidates to a different course or program within any institution that they didn’t apply for during registration but for which they are more qualified.


  • You will see “No program transfer consideration” if your institution has not moved you to another course.
  • However, you will see the name of your school, the course, the creation date, and other information if your school wishes to transfer you to another course. You now have the option of accepting or rejecting the transfer.

Differences Between Admission Offers And Course Transfers.

If you are offered a course that is different from the one you selected when you registered, you must first accept it under the “Transfer Approval Link” on CAPS before accepting it under the “Admission Status Link.”

Keep in mind that if you click the Transfer Approval link and don’t accept the program or course transfer. Before you can later click “Admission Status” on Access my CAPS to accept it, you must first accept the admission status under the transfer approval link.

JAMB Caps Transfer Approval Works

  • Your First Choice Institution wants to switch you to a different program or course from your preferred program or course.
  • This transfer consideration must be accepted or rejected by you.
  • If you agree, the institution of your choice will be able to accept you into the new program.
  • You will continue in your preferred course or program if you reject it. There won’t be any change to the program transfer.

How To Check The Jamb Transfer Approval

You can accept or reject a change in program or course by using your JAMB portal, which has been activated by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) management.

Check Admssion Status

  • Log on to first.
  • Enter your username and password for your Jamb profile.
  • Go to “Check admission status” and click.
  • After choosing your exam year and entering your JAMB registration number in the necessary column, click the “Access my CAPS” button.
  • Click “Transfer Approval” below “Make Place” on the left side of the screen.
  • In order to accept or reject the course transfer, click on the appropriate button. If you accept, the institution of your first choice will be able to admit you into the new course. The program transfer would not take place if you declined.)

Some schools have started moving their candidates from competitive courses to other available and less competitive ones now that the JAMB portal is open for admission progress. To accomplish this, institutions must first provide JAMB with a list of the candidates who are affected and ask that they be listed as having transferred programs or courses on the JAMB CAPS.

How To Access The 2023–2024 JAMB CAPS Transfer Approval Portal

  • To access your JAMB profile, log in.
  • Go to “Check Admission Status” and click.
  • Simply select “JAMB CAPS”
  • On Transfer Approval, click.
  • Accept or decline the transfer offer.
  • Congratulation.

How To Accept or Reject A Transfer Of A Program Or Course On JAMB CAPS

Please follow the instructions below to accept or reject a free program transfer offer on the Jamb Caps portal using a computer, tablet, or smartphone that has internet access.

  • Go to to access the JAMB E-facility portal.
  • Log in by entering your email address and password in the fields marked with an asterisk (*).
  • Next, locate Check Admission Status and click it.
  • Choose your exam year and enter your JAMB registration number in the appropriate fields.
  • Select “Access my CAPS” from the menu.
  • Select “Transfer Approval” from the menu.
  • Finally, accept or reject the course transfer by clicking the appropriate button.

Can I Change Course After Admission?

After receiving your letter of acceptance to the university, do you want to switch your course after admission? Here is all the information you require about course transfers.

The answer is that it is indeed possible. However, the plan to change direction after admission might not be as easy as it seems. It sounds complicated, doesn’t it?

How Do You Change Your Course Of Study After Admission?

You must realize that every university will have a different procedure, and we advise you to speak with the student services department of the university.

  • You will have to explain to the department head why you need to change.
  • Then, in order to determine whether they accept transfers and whether you meet their entry requirements for the course you want to enroll in, you must speak with the department’s head about it.
  • Finally, some official documentation to seal the deal.



Related Articles

Back to top button