Have you written JAMB last year and were given admission to the university but fortunately the university is not your choice? Are you wondering “How to accept/reject your JAMB admission”?
I always advise students to accept or reject their admission to JAMB CAPS at most two weeks after they are offered admission. If they are not ready or prepared to enter school.
For those of you taking the exam, we have laboriously put together a comprehensive guide about the 2023/2024 Jamb. You will find this guide to be helpful if you are a prospective student looking to enroll this academic year.
- Go to the JAMB E-facility website at https://portal.jamb.gov.ng.
- Then, click Login after providing your Email address and Password.
- Find “Check Admission Status” and click it.
- Also, click “access my Caps” on the following page.
- After logging in, choose “Admission Status” from the left panel of the JAMB Caps page.
- To load your profile, find and click the “Search” button next to your JAMB registration number.
- Under “Admission Profile,” you can now accept or reject your admission offer.
What To Do After Accepting Admission On JAMB Caps
Congratulations on your admission for 2023-2024. Once you have been accepted to your top school, you should do the things listed below.
- Save a copy of your JAMB admission letter.
- Find out how much your first year’s total expenses will be; Fees for enrollment in the course, school fees, and acceptance fees
- Prepare your paperwork for clearance (Physical and Online)
- Prepare to go to classes.
- Congratulations once more on your admission.
JAMB Deadline For Admission 2023
Registration for JAMB 2023/2024 will only be accepted online. Candidates are advised to follow these procedures when completing the online registration to have a successful registration. I have pledged to give you this amazing information on everything you need to know about JAMB 2023/2024.
For Nigeria: The cost of the JAMB form for candidates for the UTME and DE is listed in the table below:
|UTME Application Fee||3,500|
|Compulsory Reading Textbook.||500|
|CBT (Examination) Service Charge||1,000|
|Registration Centre Service Charge||700|
|CBT Centre Service Charge with Mock||2,700|
|CBT Centre Service Charge without Mock||1,700|
|Grand Total With Mock||6,700|
|Grand Total Without Mock|
UTME Exam starts
|Starting Date:||14 January 2023|
|Closing Date:||February 22nd 2023|
|JAMB 2023/2024 DATA||INFORMATION|
|Jamb Registration Start Date||January 14th 2023|
|Jamb Registration Deadline||February 2nd 2023|
|Total Expenses for the Registration Procedure||N4700|
|Date to Reprint Jamb Mock Slip||Not out|
|Jamb Mock Exam Date||16th March 2023|
|Jamb compulsory Novel||Life Changer by Khadija A. Jalli|
|Jamb Examination Reprinting Date||22nd April 2023|
|Jamb Examination Date||Saturday 29th April 2023 to Monday 12th May 2023|
|Jamb Result Release Date||Not specified|
What Is Needed For JAMB
- NIN For Jamb
- Personal Phone Number
- Valid Email Account
- Correct Jamb Profile
- Jamb Subjects O’Level Result ( remember this is Optional)
- Licensed CBT Centers
- UTME Study Guide
- Jamb Previous Exams
Do you know that you can now complete your jamb registration even if you don’t have O-level results (like Waec, Neco, GCE, Jupeb, ND, HND)? JAMB has made everything so simple. As soon as you successfully register for Jamb at one of the authorized CBT centers nationwide, you will receive the following items or things.
- Recently released Jamb-recommended English novel will be given to you.
- A CD: this contains the Jamb syllabus and an electronic brochure.
- Your e-Slip, which demonstrates that your UTME registration is complete.
- The JAMB registration process will take six weeks or longer.
- Keep in mind that you will print your slips again (note this is available 7 days to UTME)
- The National Identification Number will be used (NIN).
- Expect 40 questions based on your subject combination and 60 English questions.
My School Has Given Me Admission But JAMB Has Not
When their school granted them admission but JAMB did not, I heard some candidates inquire about what to do. The admission you receive from your institution and the one from JAMB are identical. Before JAMB can verify your admission, your institution must adhere to a certain procedure.
- You need to upload your O’level results in order to be considered; failure to do so will result in disqualification. Results from O’levels will be checked before matriculation. Therefore, go and re-upload your O-level results when you discover that you haven’t been admitted despite having a successful admission status on your school portal.
- Be patient as JAMB uploads the admission list that was sent to them by your school in batches. Wait one to two weeks before taking any further action if it’s possible that it’s still your batch’s turn and that’s what caused the admission in progress or not yet admitted message.
- Speak with the admissions office at your school for help in this situation. If the issue stems from the school or JAMB, they resolve it.
- On the JAMB support ticket portal, you can choose from three different support channels: general support, candidate support, and online support. The JAMB official will attend to you after you have submitted the ticket, and the problem might then be resolved.
The recommended list will first be sent to the JAMB desk officer by your institution. A list of provisional admissions is created by the Desk officer after processing the recommended list. The desk officer will verify that each admitted candidate submitted by the school satisfies all O’level specifications listed in the JAMB brochure. Finally, candidates are contacted by JAMB to accept or reject the admission.
How Do You Know If Your Admission Has Been Withdrawn
When a candidate doesn’t accept or reject their admission to JAMB CAPS, two significant things occur;
- The Admission Will Probably Be Withdrawn: If you do not accept or reject the admission that has been offered to you on JAMB CAPS, it will be assumed that you are uninterested in the admission, and there will be withdrawn so that other candidates who are interested can be taken into consideration.
- You may not be considered for admission by another school: If you decline the admission offer made to you without accepting it first, another school may decide not to consider you for admission. There is no turning back. You won’t be able to get another admission to that same school.
- In order to be prepared to act as soon as you have been offered admission, it is crucial that anyone seeking admission for the 2023–2024 academic session closely monitors their JAMB CAPS.
In conclusion: Candidates are advised to regularly check the Jamb Caps portal to accept or reject admission offers before moving on to their school portal to start the registration clearance process.