When you ask a secondary school graduate which course he/she wants to study tell you doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or engineer, not know that radiography is also a good course to study. Radiography is the study of human organs, bones, and blood vessels in order to diagnose any medical ailment and suggest a course of action. it is only universities that offer radiographers or medical radiographers.
Am going to focus on radiography in Nigeria in this post. You would be taught everything, you need to know about the course in this article and become one yourself.
You may be warding the possibility of you studying radiography in this country and getting a good job. Radiography is a highly effective medical course, studying this course will expose you to the body’s skin, bones, sensitive organs, and internal organ systems. Do wish to learn to study this course called Radiography? Excellent choice!
In Nigerian universities, radiography will take you five years to complete, including a one-year mandatory internship, after which you receive a bachelor’s degree (B.Sc in some universities).
You are a science student interested in radiography (X-rays) to assess the health of internal body organs. This is your favorite subject to study, having at least credit passes in these five subjects. Your O’level (WAEC, NECO GCE) will be demanded by the Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC) school authority. Then you can enroll in any of the Nigerian Universities listed below to study radiography.
The list of universities in Nigeria that Offer radiography and radiological science is as follows;
This course is not a new course in Nigeria, but few universities offer it. The following universities have been approved as centers and institutes for teaching radiographers and future radiographers by the Radiographers’ Registration Board of Nigeria (RRBN).
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Bayero University Kano (BUK)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (ABU Zaria)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- University of Uyo (UNIUYO)
- David Nweze Umahi University of Medical Sciences
- Baze University, Abuja
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- The Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO)
- Benue State University
- Coal City University
- Federal University of Lafia (FULafia)
- Federal University Oye Ekiti (FUOYE)
- Kaduna State University
- Lead City University
- NOK University Kachia
- Pamo University Of Medical Sciences
- Osun State University
- Ajayi Crowther University
- Bingham University
- Evangel University
- Ondo State University of Medical Sciences (OSUMS).
In Nigeria, the fields of medical radiography and radiological science
- Diagnostic radiography for health
- Ultrasound technology in medicine
- Technologies and Sciences in Nuclear Medicine
- Interventional and diagnostic radiology
- Radiobiology and Pharmacology for Basic Medical
- Cancer treatment and radiation
- Technology Using Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
- Digital axial tomography
- Radiation Defense
- Radiological Health and Education
- Radiography in dentistry
Salary For Radiography in Nigeria
By becoming a radiography graduate with a good certificate, you will be paying hugely salary in Nigeria.
- Interns =N95,000 – 130,000
- N50,000 for youth corps members(NYSC)
- Professionals in radiography = N150,000 – 500,000
Where Can A Radiographers Work After Studies?
There is a lot of work awaiting you as a radiography graduate in Nigeria and abroad such as; in related fields.
- Specialist Clinics
- Teaching hospitals
- Health clinics
- General Hospitals Sectors
- Private establishment
- Public Service
- You can open (self-employed) medical radiography by starting a diagnostic facility.
In conclusion, becoming the best graduate to study radiography, will be a hot cake here in Nigeria. And you have many job opportunities like working in a health clinic, or private hospital, being self-employed establishing a diagnostic office for yourself.